Monday, January 24, 2011

Go Make a Smoothie!

Happy New Year! Oh, that was a few weeks ago, huh? Well happy keep your New Year's Resolutions month! Here's a little something to help you out.

This is a banana, pineapple, coconut milk, and yogurt smoothie. With a little bit of a treat on top.


Perfect and delicious!

1 cup plain yogurt
1 banana
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup pineapple
1 smidge of whipped cream


Blend a little or a lot. I like my smoothies smoooooth, so I blend a lot.


If you like a little variety you can cut out the pineapples & coconut milk and add one or two of the following:

Frozen strawberries, peaches, mixed berries, blue berries, or any fruit you can think of. I add a dash or two of stevia when I am not using pineapple. It's great every time.

Try it with a dollop of peanut butter and drizzle of chocolate syrup (just to make it look pretty).

I added about a cup of spinach to some left over strawberry smoothie and all the taste testers were very pleasantly surprised. I didn't have a whole lot of spinach to work with but I think it would have tasted fine if I had added even more.


One blogger I know prefers just fruit and yogurt (with a little something to sweeten it up), she leaves out the banana completely.

My point is, no matter how you like it, it's great for you! So go make a smoothie!


2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing my friend is vegan and I will totally have to give her this recipe

    thanks for sharing

    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, I just found your comment!
    Of course your friend will know this but she can substitute any kind of vegan yogurt for the dairy yogurt used here.
    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete