Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eggs - Get 'Em From a Farm

Eggs and toast, specifically Ezekiel Bread toast. Especially the sesame variety covered in cold butter. Not melted room temp butter. It has to be real too. This is not you who should watch your cholesterol. This is for me, who hasn't eaten eggs in eons.

Eggs and broccoli, like broccoli frittata. Which I am going to make this weekend. I can't wait. I've never done it and I've always wanted to taste a frittata. I don't even know how to spell it! Google knows.

Eggs and hash browns. Is there anything better than hash browns? Yes, hash browns smothered covered and diced. Have some.

Eggs and onions. This speaks for itself, except that you have to really over cook the onions. Say "No" to crunchy onions (or eggs).

Eggs and cheese. The favorite of my darling step-son. The regular weekend menu item, requested so oft that it's a staple. Do we have eggs? Yes. Cheese? Yes. Can I have eggs and cheese? ALWAYS!

Eggs and salsa. On a tortilla, or on your fork, either way is simply delicious.

Eggs and anything! Yum!

I've been egg free for like, over 10 years. It's been sad. I love eggs. Eggs have not loved me back. BUT! I've been experimenting with a few things and have found that for some reason I can eat eggs when I have also eaten a good dose of coconut oil in the same day. At the same time is even better. Basically, I am fed up with not being able to eat something as delicious and versatile and an egg and so I tried mind over matter. I decided I would refuse to be allergic. That. Did. Not. Work.
So, if I finally out grew it, or if it's REALLY the coconut oil I don't know. I have served eggs fried in coconut oil and sprinkled with pink salt to a number of small children this year. They have all sang my praises and begged to move in with me. Or at least they asked for my recipe. Same diff.

No comments:

Post a Comment