Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Veggie Spaghetti!

Last night I made this for my dinner, then I decided my husband needed some too. I saved some aside for him, and after I ate my own, I nearly ate his too.

In a medium skillet I tossed together coarsely chopped green bell peppers, red bell peppers, and 2 small zucchini with some coconut oil. I thought about adding onion but I really wanted to let the flavor of the peppers come through. I let the veggies cook on a medium heat just long enough to take the edge off, I wanted the to stay a little bit crunchy. Then I tossed them in marinara and added a dollops of my secret bff, sour cream and some parm. I ate mine without noodles because I like to save my carbs for naughty things like cheesecake or sweetened coffee creamer. Once I took a few bites I knew I had to share some with my hubby so I put his over noodles and had about 3 sample bites before hiding it from myself.

It was very good.

If you want some, then you'll need the following:
a little coconut oil for cooking
1/4 green bell pepper
1/4 red bell pepper
2 small zucchini
2 cups of spaghetti sauce or marinara - with or without meat
noodles for 2 hungry people or 3 slightly hungry people. We use whole wheat. <-- I just said that to brag.

No comments:

Post a Comment