Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sprouting Lentils

Sprouting Lentils
I love these in Spaghetti! 
I dont cook them in the sauce, however, you can.  I add mine at the end when I turn the sauce off or throw them on the noodles and then pour sauce over the top!

1 Qt Jar, a Sprouting Lid and 1/4 c Lentils!
If you dont own a sprouting lid you can use cheese cloth over the mouth of the jar and secure with a canning ring.  I actually made a few inserts for the canning ring from plastic craft canvas grid used for making things like coasters, etc. (Walmart).


Rinse lentils.
Cover lentils with water for at least an hour.  Drain.
Rinse twice a day.  They wiill sprout within a couple of days. 
Lentil sprouts are ready when sprouts are a quarter inch long, you can let them grow longer.
I lay my jar on its side on top the fridge.

For larger batches of sprouted lentils use a gallon jar with 1 cup lentils!

No comments:

Post a Comment