Monday, September 20, 2010

Brownies!

I just made some amazing brownies! I'm most impressed by how healthy they are!

I bought some coconut flour tonight at Mama Jean's thinking I might be able to do something good with it. Right on the back of the bag was a recipe for brownies. I changed the recipe because I didn't wan't to use some of the stuff they put in there (like sugar and butter). So here's what I did:

1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
2 Eggs
1/4 C Agave
1/3 C Coconut Oil
1/2 C Water

Combine the coconut flour with the cocoa powder and set aside. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, agave, oil, and water. Now put the wet and dry ingredients together. I used a loaf pan so mine would be thicker and I baked it for 25 - 30 mins. They weren't any thicker than anyone else's brownies so I'll do some tweaking and get back with you!

These are SUGAR FREE, GLUTEN FREE, and great for you!

1 comment:

  1. A+ Recipe!! Amy whipped these up and they were so absolutely delicious and moist! And they settle in your tummy much better than brownies made with regular flour!

    ReplyDelete