Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spicey Peanut Coconut Chutney (not sweet!)

Peanut Coconut Chutney
1 c unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 c peanut butter  (chunky or reg)
2 jalapenos w/seeds  (finely minced)
1 c plain yogurt or 1/2 c cream or 1/2 c sr cream
1/2 c water  (you may have to add water to adjust the consistency as it will thicken)
I mix this in my bullet. 
I mince my Jalopenos in the Bullet prior.
If you wish you may grind your coconut flakes to a finer grade before mixing, although not necessary.
I often double this recipe!  Quick to make!

This is a great side to serve with any spicy lentil dish!   ...with Dosa's! 
Dosa's are like a crepe but made with rice instead of flour!  So so good!
Pita Bread or Naan works great instead of Dosas and both can be purchased at the grocers!

No comments:

Post a Comment