Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Delicious Lentil Curry

Lentil Curry
1 bag lentils 
water necessary to cook (choose your consistency!)
1 tsp ginger powder or fresh ginger (I probably use 1 T pwdr and twice that fresh)
2 T curry (I probably use more like 3T)
1 1/2 tsp tumeric (if you dont have this one it doesnt seem to really alter the taste)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 to 6 fresh jalapenos w/seeds
1 can coconut milk (I use Thai Kitchen, often I use half a can & freeze the rest for 2nd batch)
Once your lentils are mostly or completely cooked add:
2 T salt
1 sm can tomatoe paste
1 lrg sweet potatoe ...diced but not too small 
....cook till potatoes are done.
Sometimes I will add a lrg can of diced tomatoes
Sometimes I will throw in just a tiny bit of stevia for a sweeter taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment